YES...it is true...I am in fact, in my late 20s...
I am not ashamed to say coz it's fun to see people's reactions when they find out that my kids aren't my siblings and I'm not in high school anymore.
Anyways, a few month ago, I read a blog post stating some random facts about them on their birthday and I thought it would be fun to copy.
Some are kinda self righteous and borderline bragging but its my birthday so lay off. I just thought it would be a fun way to get to know me better and for my kids to find this someday and realize how cool or weird their mother is.
So here are my 28 fun facts for my 28th year of birth.
- I frequently talk to myself. While walking around, driving, shopping, exercising, whatever. I always find myself jabbering to myself. Weirdo alert!
Before the show and in our introduction wear.
- When I was 18, I lost a bet and ended up joining a pageant. Miss Philippines-New Zealand Asia Pacific pageant to be exact. I did the talent, swimwear, cultural wear, evening gown and all that shebang! My question was "what do you think about the nuclear bomb in North Korea?" uuuhhhmmmm??? i chocked BIG TIME and needless to say, I did not place AT ALL. But it turned out to be a fun experience.
- I was (and still am) quite messy. I can never keep my room clean. Once when I was still in high school, a robber came into our house and immediately left coz he saw my room and realized that someone already robbed it before him. True story!
- I'm a closet cryer. I've always tried to tough it out but I cry easily. I just stop it before the tears come out.
- I had my little stint in modeling. Even landed a couple of jobs with it. But never couldn't have made it tho coz I'm quite uncomfortable in front of the camera. Im a behind the scenes kinda gal. This got me interested in photography, I'm much comfortable behind the camera.
- I don't know my times tables. Besides the 1, 2, 5, 10 and 11 times tables, I still use my hand. Or my handy calculator on my phone. Just goes to show that its not that important since I got a Degree...LOL!
- I went bungy jumping one time and I did it because I got jealous of Maverick who did it 3 days before I did. What a RUSH! and I would TOTALLY do it again!!!
- I had an inventory for all my gel pen collection and I would check it once a month. I didnt want any of them to get lost...and I was always so sad when my favorite ones dry out or run out of ink...
- Same goes for my sticker collection (that I still have today). WOW!!!
- I got a $50 a week allowance when I was in high school. (And Mav was APPALLED when he heard this) which I used for food and bus fare.
- But when a Spice Girls magazine comes out, I would use my bus fare money to buy the magazine and walk home which would take me an hour.
- I am OCD about how my stuff are organized. BUT I am also quite lazy. And most of the time my laziness trumps my wants to organize. So it's safe to say that my OCDness takes a backseat.
- I am CHEAP! Yard sales are my addiction and I have found some pretty cool stuff for cheap cheap cheap!!! Such a thrill getting a deal that it greater than great!!!
- I write my feelings. I have always been better at writing what I feel than saying it and becoming a big blubbering blah. If I can't express how I really feel, I write it in a letter. So if you have ever received a letter from me, you know my true feelings at that present moment.
- When I was a teenager I won a "make egg whites fluffy using just your hand competition". I was pretty proud!
- I did a year of piano lessons when I was 8 and every time I see a piano I still play my recital piece that I did back then. Mainly because I don't know how to play anything else.
- I have double-jointed fingers and I use it to freak people out.
- After a heartbreaking break up with a boy, I decided to serve an 18month mission for the LDS church. I went to my bishop to get the process started but he denied me and said that he will give me a month. If I still feel the same way in a month then we can go ahead with the paper work...I met Maverick 2 1/2 weeks later...
With my campaign partner Andreas
- I ran for BYUH student body vice-president and lost. It was a very grueling week of campaigning but I learned a lot. Extra super embarrassing note: for the Q&A, I was the first person to answer of all the 8 candidates and the question was, "if u were a fruit or vegetable, what would you be and why?" Well, my answer was a radish! A RADISH!!! I panicked and CHOCKED, yet again!!! Mav reminds me of this moment ALL THE TIME...
- I have Glossophobia. A fear of public speaking. Probably why I lost the above campaign and the pageant. Come to think of it, I don't even know why I did those two in the first place. I still get anxious and sweaty palms whenever I have to speak in front of people. Then I get the shakes afterwards. I can dance in front of thousands of people without a problem (given that I know what I'm dancing to) but I freak out if I have to speak in front of 10.
- When I was 7, a girl in my class broke her leg and got a cast and was carried around every where. I thought that she was the coolest person ever so I wanted a cast too. So I purposely tried to brake my leg by placing rocks on my path and skating over them "by accident". It never worked... And I have yet to break a bone.
- I played 1st 11 (varsity) soccer in high school but quit mid season on my third year coz we left for a trip to the Philippines.
I got bumped up to executive class on my way to Japan coz I flirted with the guy checking me in.
- I've been to Thailand, Hong Kong, Philippines, Bahamas, Japan, Australia, Fiji, New Zealand and of course USA. Heading over to Singapore in December. And I don't plan to stop traveling. I love seeing and experiencing other cultures and I am very grateful my parents put traveling as a priority and I would like to do the same with my kids.
- I used to sleep with a light on. Nighttime is creepy!!!
- I learned to crochet through YouTube and got quite addicted.
- I don't wear make-up. Ok maybe once a month I would wear it to church. But only if we had enough time to get ready.
Pretty sure this has been the longest that my hair has ever been
- last time I got my hair cut was when Hyrum was 6 months old. I'm quite sick of it and I'm ready to chop it off. Just waiting on a buyer...
- I actually enjoy cooking. Up until we moved to Idaho (and I became a stay-at-home mom) cooking was NOT my forte. I was a bad cook. Like sworn forever to ramen noodles, hamburger helper, and TV dinners kind. BUT, if I was gonna do this whole 'mom' thing then by golly I'm gonna do it good! So away I went, chopping and dicing and mixing and boiling and sautéing and tasting. I am quite proud of my 'new found' culinary skills. And nothing beats the feeling that I get when I make something wholesome and healthy for my family. Especially if they ask for seconds of a dish with Quinoa and spinach in it.
Sooooo there you have it.
CHEERS to my late 20s!