Chalkboard

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Half-a-Birthday!

NOTE: This was written 3 weeks ago. And a lot has changed in 3 weeks.

This little tootie patoots is now half a year old!

Shes measuring 25" in length and weighs 17.3lbs Growing nicely and developing to speed.
It's fun to see her new antics everyday as she plays her part in our little family and shows her personality.


She is now starting to get the courage to go up on her knees to crawl. But she can army crawl pretty fast and can get into anything that she can reach (esp the bottom bookshelf, under the couch, bottom drawers). We have to be really careful now coz she's in the stage where she can find and pick up the littlest tiniest thing on the ground, which of course, goes straight in her mouth.
She can sit up pretty well which makes me happy coz somehow things get easier when babies can sit up already. She is also starting to pull up on things like the couch, laundry baskets and her crib. So we had to lower her crib already before she has a chance to jump off of it like Hyrum once did.
No teeth has showed up yet but I feel that they are close coz EVERYTHING that she gets her hand on gets eaten. And she eats them savagely! Like really eager and she makes a gggrrrrr kinda face in the process. It's pretty funny. Then, once you take whatever she has away she bawls like there's no tomorrow.
I started feeding her 'solid' baby food a little after 4 months so she is quite a pro at eating now. I havent fed her anything that I didnt make so far which I am quite proud of. I have made green peas, broccoli, sweet potatoes, lentils with gravy, carrots, cucumber, zucchini, squash, spinach, cantaloupe, watermelon, pears, banana, papaya, peaches, and apples. 
Cantaloupe
Asparagus
Then when we are eating something, she begs! And it usually works. So shes had a taste of big people food and LOVES it! 

She sleeps through the night most nights but still has to be held to sleep. I know I'm setting myself up for another bad sleeper but I've tried other methods and none seems to work.
Like Hyrum, she has stamina. And can cry for hours on end. We experienced this during a recent trip to Utah while on the freeway. She absolutely HATES her carseat and with no rest stop for miles, she cried and cried and cried and cried. Until we took her out and she fell asleep within a minute. Then as soon as she woke up, she cried and cried and cried again. So crying it out sleep training method is, yet again, not an option.

She is very sensitive about her face and is very good at swatting things that comes close it. Wash cloths, mommys fingers, spoon, binky, bottles, nose sucker, Hyrum. If she doesn't want it, you have to really fight to get on there. I think she learned it coz I had to suck her nose a lot and she absolutely hated it! Plus, she has to protect herself somehow from the crazy brother.

She's a little sweetheart who has a special infatuation for daddy. Sometimes I catch her just staring at him. So I tell Maverick then she gives the biggest warmest smile when he acknowledges her. Daddy spends a lot of time at work so when he's home, she (and Hyrum) loves it! And I love it too coz I get a nice little break.

Although, when she is upset, sometimes she only wants mommy. Which makes me feel kinda good coz even though I had to stop breastfeeding, we still have that special bond that only I can give her.
So happy half-a-birthday to my bebe girly! Please stay sweet and cuddly and loving and perfect as you are.

To make her half-a-birthday somewhat special, I made banana bread muffins and delivered it to my RS VT people in her honor...

and got her some bling!!!

And here's some more pictures...



1 comment:

  1. aww she is so gorgeous Aissa!!! Love all these pics! Shes so chunky, love it. I cant wait for Kohana to sit up and crawl and do all the things Halia can do!

    ReplyDelete