Chalkboard

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Daughter for Me

Introducing

Halia Chiya Carreon Mitton

Let me start with the meaning of her name.

HALIA - pronounced hali-yah. Is Hawaiian which means remembrance.

CHIYA - came from my little sisters nickname, Chia. She died at 19months in 1989.

So pretty much, in remembrance of Chia.


This beautiful little angel came into our lives on January 12, 2012. At a small size of 5 lbs and 15 oz, and 18 1/2 inches.

At around 12:15am I woke up with painful contractions that where almost unbearable but still around 10mins apart. I didn't think much of it since i woke up the previous night with similar contractions at 10mins apart which went away in the morning.

At around 1am, they were getting worse and the time was closing in at around 6-7mins. I decided I'd wait one more contractions till I wake Maverick up. One more contraction turned out to be 3 more and by the time the third one came I was in CRAZY pain!
I woke Maverick up and told him it was time and we packed the car and headed to his brothers house to drop Hyrum off, then straight on to the emergency room.
We got admitted at around 1:45am and hurried to labor and delivery which was annoyingly on the 3rd floor and through a bunch of hallways. By this time, I was in a lot of pain and was feeling that "pushing time" was close.
I told the nurses that I labor really fast so after I hurriedly changed into the hospital gown, they checked me and said that I was already at 8cms.

I had nurses left and right trying to do all the pre birth stuff, like ivs n paper work. The doctor arrived panting from running up 3flights of stairs and checked me right away. Still at 8cms 100% effaced, he decided that there is still a little bit of time left so he left to get his clothes changed and do his prep.
Dr. Romney only saw me twice before I gave birth coz I had to transfer hospitals when we moved.
About 10mins later I felt the urge to push. The nurse beside me who was still typing things then checks me again then runs outside to call the doctor.

Maverick says that by the time the doctor sat down her head was already crowning. They didn't even have time to take the stirups out n such. The dr just had to sit sideways on my bed. 2 pushes later her head was out, then 1 more for the rest of her body.

She was born at 2:11am. 26 minutes after we got to the hospital.
Meeting my little girl for the first time. 
PRETTY CRAZY STUFF! Based on my 4hr labor with Hyrum, we knew I was going to be fast... But not THAT fast!

So now we are a family of four.
MY LOVES!
She is a perfect little addition to our not-so-perfect little family. It's still pretty surreal for me to have 2 kids. I called the doctors office today to make Halia's 2 week and Hyrum's 24 months check-ups and I was caught off guard when I said "I'd like to make an appointment for my son and my daughter." I was like, woaahhh! I have a daughter!

So we are adjusting well. Hyrum is starting to warm up to his sister (he wouldn't even look at her at the hospital). She is eating well (thank goodness), sleeping well and is already bringing so much joy into our lives.
Finally touched her. (Didnt last very long tho)
Im excited to see what her personality is going to be. Still hoping that she will be my calm child that will be satisfied with just watching her crazy brother.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on baby Halia, she's so u'i!! Hawaiian names are the best!!! You guys made it just in time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh aissa she is so beautiful! thanks for sharing the pictures! you're such a good mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job beautiful momma!She is so pretty.You are so lucky,labor seems like nothing.I hope my labor and delivery this time around would be much better.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations again! She is so beautiful and her name is beautiful! Your delivery was crazy fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible story! And such a beautiful name. That was beautifully thought out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her name, pictures, your story and of course her! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats aissa....DANG! THAT IS A CRAZY FAST LABOR!!!!! amazing girl..im guessing u went all natural since there was barely any time to do anything at the hospital. im so happy for u..shes gorgeous...I LOVE HER NAME!!!! congrats congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. uh, yeah, that's FAAAAAAAAST!!!! so that must mean you didn't have the epidural or anything. aaaack!!! good for you!! she's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete