Chalkboard

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fail-proof Foods

I was NOT born a cook.

Quite the opposite actually.

I HATED cooking!

BUT,

I think i've someone grown out of it now...SOMEWHAT...

I don't actually mind cooking now,

Maybe coz I am at home all day with no husband to cook for me and a son who has a bottomless appetite.

BUT,

Thinking of WHAT to cook for meals or even just for snacks is STRESSFUL!

So im asking for HELP...

All you veterans (or not) mommies out there,

What are your favorite, tried and tested meals???

Also for munchies? 

The little boy LOVES to eat! But sometimes we miss the target and buy something that is not acceptable. Then it ends up being left alone for weeks and thrown away coz its stale.

He loves fruits and other fruity stuff like raisins. Not very into candy cept for fruit snacks and gummi stuff. Likes crackers like wheat thins but not ritz. 

Sooo what snacks do you have on your cupboard at all times? Id like to try more stuff and see what works and what doesnt.

Much Mahalos!
(I really miss saying that)

5 comments:

  1. sorry, I don't really have any suggestions for you, but I DO suggest getting a Pinterest account! Ok, you might be like me when I first heard about it, I was super skeptical and annoyed with hearing about it all the time, but then I gave in, and it's SO great! I promise that if you go on there, you'll find sooo many great ideas for food and for snacks, even ones geared for kids! Give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i follow this blog and absolutely love it. all the food is easy to cook and pretty healthy for you. http://www.skinnytaste.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm....i have some recipes here that i like and you can steal when you come visit. but as far as snacks...i find with Reyna that I have to rotate them. It's like she gets tired of the same thing all the time. Like for example she loves string cheese, but after about 2-3 weeks, she starts to get sick of them. So i have to take that out and put something else on the menu. And as far as trying to figure out what she likes. We've been trying to eat healthy, so we buy a variety of fruits and let her try everything. If she likes it we know we can add that to her list of snacks to rotate. But then again something she liked before she may not like this time around. it's wierd how much her taste buds change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back when I cooked (before moving in w/ in-laws and getting morning sickness again -- sheesh) my go-to dish was pork chops, steamed vegetables, and rice. Oh, and applesauce for me. The only seasonings I used were pepper and garlic salt, and I just made sure I pounded and pounded the chops before grilling so they wouldn't be tough to chew. Siope hates vegetables, but he ate steamed because they blended with the other foods. Good luck!! I'm sure whatever you come up with will be awesome! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well....you should know its a lot easier have a toddler that loves to eat anything and eats a lot... than having picky toddlers with different taste buds... my theory would be "well...u can eat this now...or be hungry and eat more later" (you will soon notice certain food that hyrum would LOVE and certain food where hes like "meh")

    ReplyDelete