Chalkboard

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Maverick the College Graduate and leaving paradise


It has taken longer than expected (thanks to me making him drop some classes and a semester).

BUT

My wonderful amazing husband is now (or gonna be in a few hours) a college graduate.

Hyrum and I are very PROUD of him! 

But mostly just me since Hyrum doesnt really have an opinion yet. 

And very VERY grateful for all the hardwork that he has done during his last semester. 

Full-time student, part-time job, senior research plus he packed up our WHOLE house by himself.

Told you he was AMAZING!


I wish, more than anything at this moment, that we are in Hawaii to celebrate with him.

Ive been looking forward to this day since I graduated a year and a half ago.

I was excited to do a graduation photo shoot, then make his grad invite/announcement, plan a little shindig with his workmates and friends.

I was excited to pack up our house, do garage sales and give stuff away.

I was VERY excited to leave the BYUH/Laie bubble and move to the real world.

I wish I was there.

I wish I was there.

I wish I was there.

I thought I was ready to leave Hawaii.

I'M NOT.

I am 4 months less of ready.  
I feel like i've been robbed of that 4 months that was necessary to properly say goodbye to paradise.

I had 5 AMAZING years in BYUH.

I grew up A LOT during those 5 years. 

A LOT!

The people that I encountered there will continue to inspire me.

 The experiences that I had will be treasured FOREVER.

Most importantly.

I met my eternal companion there. 

and was sent out first angel.

Hawaii is definitely my special place. 





Maverick flies to Idaho on Monday and will (hopefully) start looking for a house and car for us.

Which means that Hyrum and I will go straight to the mainland once my visa gets approved.

Dont get me wrong, I am VERY excited.

Im excited to start our new life.

Im especially EXCITED to be with my college graduate again.

BUT, mark my word Hawaii.

I WILL BE BACK!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Aissa! I wish you the best in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congrats to Mav!!! Hehe.. and let me just tell you i think he hid right after the ceremony! I couldn't find him at all to give him his lei!!! And it wasn't just me! Haha! We eventually tracked him down at home, but i was so mad that I couldn't find him there! ANyway, hope he took a pic of the lei! I hope it's similar to something you would have picked out. Love you miss you and see you in utah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Mavs!I saw couple of times and cannot afford not to be sad.He looks so lonely and he sure misses you a lot.I bet Darren reminds him of Hyrum since their only almost 2 months apart.But your reunion will be awesome! Take care.Hope that everything works out and you can come back here really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to maverick!!! im sorry dat ure not there. but good luck with everything and being out in the "real world".. =)so ure moving to idaho?

    ReplyDelete