Chalkboard

Monday, April 11, 2011

Liberated?

Today I went to the city to get my booster immunization for my US visa medical.

ALL BY MYSELF!

Since parking is horrendous in the city and my dad is home from work antways, I figured it would be easier if I left Hyrum at home with my dad and I take the bus. 

And OW MY GOODNESS! It felt weird...

It's been a while since i've gone out in public ALL BY MYSELF.

I mean ive left Hyrum before at home with my parents but he would usually be asleep or nearly asleep already. And I would leave to be with a friend or something.

It was liberating? in a weird kinda uneasy sort of way...

I dont really know how to describe it but I honestly did not know what to do with myself as soon as I stepped out of the door.

And by the time I got to the bus stop, my mind was racing.

It was filling up with ideas, memos, random thoughts, fears, reminiscing and all the other fluffs in between.

Good thing I thought of bringing my journal along right before I left. I ended up writing 5 WHOLE PAGES! that has never ever happened before!

So for the 3 1/2 hours that I was away, I felt like I was free as a bird. I was pretty satisfied just shutting everything out while I listen to my music and write away. (I mean...you cant really do much while on a bus).

I was glad to have had that 3 1/2 hours to myself. 

But, I was pretty happy to come back home to see my boy again. Who was eating his dinner like a big boy! All poised with a spoon on one hand carefully spooning out a bit of rice from his bowl. 

He did greet me with a frustrated scream after a short-lived big smile. Nonetheless, I wouldnt trade being a mother for anything else!


These pictures aren't from today but its always nice to end with pictures.



1 comment:

  1. ditto. i feel weird being by myself but so liberated and free and not having to worry about this or that or yeah. having some peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete