Chalkboard

Monday, January 23, 2012

Post-partum Blues

Ow the hormones have kicked in.
Which are causing crazy changes.
Massive breast and meaningless emotions.
Like when I cried watching Justin Bieber Movie.
And that's saying a lot since I never cry in movies and I don't like Justin Bieber.

Being left alone with a rambunctious two year old and a newborn three days after giving birth was pretty overwhelming.
I was very much regreting having the baby early (not that I had any control over it).
But, alas, we made it through the week with a lot of help from Barney, Super Why, Blue Clues, Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the rest of the Toy Story gang (we watched Toy Story 1, 2 & 3 a gazillion times that even Hyrum has lines memorized).
Ow and of coarse, the people in the ward that brought us dinner everyday of the week that was enough to go on for lunch the next day.

Halia by herself wouldve been easy to handle. And Hyrum im used to spending the day with. But together...

Especially when this happen...

Makes me want to pull my hair out.

Don't get me wrong, I think pregnancy and childbirth is a MIRACLE that I am very grateful to have been given opportunities to experience.

And I have embraced motherhood with arms wide open (although it didnt happen overnight) and Ive been enjoying it and making the most out of it. 

So theres my rant. Thanks for 'listening'.

5 comments:

  1. i know this is hard to believe, but you'll kind of miss these days. Someday. Until then, just hang in there. There were days I would just cry along with my kids--it's really hard, that's all there is to it. They'll turn into best friends eventually, don't worry, so long as you all survive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I totally know what you mean! And I'm NOT looking forward to dealing with THREE of them. ;-) Just don't pull all of your hair out. It's so pretty. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the blues both with C and J, and I hated days when I was so tired, sleepy, in pain, engorged and the kids where doing the crying duet... I cried with them, I cried anytime I felt like it.. but all I wanted was a hug. I wish I can come over and give you a great big hug! A pat on the back, too, for surviving the week without your mama. Anjan na ba sya? Regards to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! Congratulations again and happy birthday to Hyrum. Crazy that he's TWO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hang in there!!!...DITTO. seriously those days happen and all you can do is do your best.... and yes kiddies can learn a lot from TV...i wish we were closer..ill totally wanna help u... but heres a *hug*... you're amazing! and your kiddies both still LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete