Chalkboard

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Unexpected Changes in Plans

Its been 10 days since Maverick left.

WE MISS HIM SO VERY VERY MUCH.

We were all suppose to go back to Hawaii on Jan 4th.

But circumstances changed. 


If you arent aware of what is happening, I applied for an extension student visa since my OPT (work permit) status is still considered a student. Anyways, I got denied on a count of no ties that would lead me to come back to New Zealand since I have a husband and a son who are American citizens. 

DUMB HUH! 

So the only way that I can go back to the US is if Maverick petitions me to get my residency visa.

Easier said than done.


It's so hard to be apart from each other.

Even harder if the time apart is indefinite.

We are all hoping it doesnt go on for longer than 3 months.

But, there is a possibility of it taking 6 months. Or even a year!

Ive been praying so so so so hard that its only for 3 months...


Maverick graduates in April 9th.

Which also means that we need to move out of our apartment by April 11.

And move our life over to Idaho.

It is going to be sooooo much pressure on Mav if im not there to help.


So please please please. We need your prayers.

I feel a bad asking for your prayers because no one is sick or in a critical condition.

But, I really really NEED to be there before April.

And Hyrum needs his dad. Esp now when he is developing so quick.


I cried the other night because this happened


We were chatting on skype and Hyrum was blowing kisses and smiling and saying 'dada' to Mav. Then it was bedtime and we said our goodnights and I closed the computer.  He got upset and was trying to open the computer while saying dada over and over. I said its time to go to sleep and we will see him again tomorrow. He eventually went to sleep hugging my laptop.


I have BIG hopes!

Heavenly Father won't keep families apart...

7 comments:

  1. Oh Aissa!!! That would be soooo hard! it kills me that you're trying to do it all the right way and theres so many dang illegals who just sneak in over borders and what not.. and because of all the crazy stuff in the world immigration has to be so hard for people like you who would go about it the right way. i'll definately keep you in my prayers! your little guy just broke myheart in that picture.. i hope it goes so so so quick!!!! good luck!!

    --Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you go on a visitor's visa and then apply for residency while you are on that? I hope you find a solution soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Aissa, I am so sorry for all of this ridiculous stuff that is going on with your family! You must be going a little crazy! I know I would be. Matt and I are living in Haleiwa, so let us know if there is anything we can do. We'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will work out.Prayers definitely works.And so many people are praying for you. I got choked up when you said that Hyrum got really upset and fell asleep hugging the laptop.He sure missed his Daddy. Everything is in the Lord's hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything will be alright. Just think of this as a small hiccup in the greater plan. Heavenly Father must have something great in store for your family and I'll keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe that!! That is absolutely horrid! You are in our prayers, I know God will take care of everything--try not to get discouraged, Satan wants to keep us down but God lifts us up. I know you already know that but just wanted to remind you. :) Sending you guys lots of loves and great big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad!! Breaks my heart! Prayers are with you, Aissa! And Mav. And Hyrum!

    ReplyDelete