Chalkboard

Monday, January 24, 2011

Then a Year has Passed

The day I first became a mother, I set in motion a life-changing journey along the most extraordinary path of wonder, joy, challenge, and fulfillment.

My life which was first shared with my husband was amazing. Then when my son came along, it became even better with an almost indescribable happiness.

Let's first review my 9 months of growing.
I cant believe I got sooo BIG!

Now lets review Hyrum's 11 months of growing
I cant believe he is sooo BIG!!!

It has definitely been a whirlwind of a year with many ups and downs. Plenty of laughter and lots of new memories.

I can still 'somehow' remember the uneasy, anxious, nervous, excited feeling that I had this time last year as we drove towards the Birth Center with an iPod on my lap counting how many minutes apart my contractions were coming.

4 hours of labour, 20 minutes of pushing and a whole lot of pain later (without an epidural may I add), we finally got to meet our 7.9 lbs. 19" Hyrum Ichiro at 8:42pm.

Our life has NEVER been the same again.

AND WE LOVE IT!



To my sweet gorgeous son,
Happy happy FIRST birthday!

I cannot believe you are 1 already!

You have brought more meaning into my life.

I am thoroughly blessed to have been given the opportunity to be your mother.

You are my happiness.

TRULLY HEAVEN SENT.

Love love love you to the end of the universe and back again.
and daddy too!

3 comments:

  1. that's such a lovely post that im sure hyrum would be very touched to read once he's old enough to.happy 1st birthday, hyrum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so sweet! i can't believe you didn't use the epidural. youre amazing and hyrum is so adorable and big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome! love the fact you kept good photos of your pregnancy and hyrum's growth! happy birthday, little man!

    (p.s. feel free to "steal" the letters to daddy idea. siope loves them; i'm sure mav will too.)

    ReplyDelete