Chalkboard

Friday, May 29, 2009

Excitement Galore

So this time next week my mum from New Zealand, my mum's sister, her husband, their six children, two children-in-law and one grandson from Atlanta, my mum's brother's wife, her daughter and son-in-law from Las Vegas are all going to be here for a one week vacation...oh and my graduation...hehehe...sooo that is FIFTEEN relatives in total!
For those who don't know, I have a very very big extended family, especially on my mother's side.  She is the fifth of eleven children in their family and most of those eleven have pretty much fulfilled the commandment of multiplying and replenishing the Earth.  So I am pretty much used to big family gatherings.

This was taken on our last family reunion which was in 2006.  This is only 5 of the 11 siblings and their families, imagine if it was everyone!!!

I am very excited to have them here and show them where I have been living for the past four years.  We are on a strict itinerary because I want to show them as much as I could, which means packing in four years of experience into a week...hehehe...so were going to be going and going everyday...IT WILL BE FUN!!!

This is a picture that I took at the Makapu'u Lighthouse

THEN, two weeks after today Maverick and I will be going back to New Zealand with my mum for the summer break.  Though I wouldnt call it summer break since its winter in NZ during summer in Hawaii.  Its always a nice change to go to somewhere cold after being in the sun for the majority of the year.  

Also, we are going to have our New Zealand Wedding reception on 4 July (i know, six months after the actual wedding but airfares arent exactly cheap).  But its gonna be fun to go through another reception again.  Its like wedding stress all over again.  Still fun though!

Best girl friends in the world!!! Ate Mina, Jam and Marje

Im excited to have all these time with family and friends again.  It always great to come home.  As Dorothy would say "There's no place like home."  


So with that,
8 more days till graduation
14 more days till NZ

More exciting news on next blogs...



1 comment:

  1. COngrats graduate! yey!!!!! wow, buong barangay na yan ah, 5 palang sa magkakapatid! grabaycious!

    ReplyDelete