Chalkboard

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day for Mothers


With the upcoming Mother's Day in our midst, I wanted to dedicate this entry to my loving mother who has literally saved my life in soooo many different ways.  


There is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood.


I think that mothers are one of the many things in life that we take for granted.  I know that I have often stopped and realized how much my mother does for our family and others and am continually amazed.  She has taught me a great deal about living a worthy life and how to appreciate all the many blessings that our Heavenly Father has provided for us.  Our relationship has come a long way from my rebellious years which I am thoroughly grateful for and hope that it will continue to grow stronger as I face new challenges in life.


All women become like their mothers.  That is their tragedy.  No man does.  That's his.  ~Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest


I remember back in the days thinking that I dont want to be like my mother when I become a mother myself.  I take all those thoughts back because I cant think of any other way to be a mother than to become like my mother.  Of coarse, I still dont fully comprehend how it is like to raise a child, but I am in a time now where I have to think about become a parent (which is still kinda scary) and establish an environment that will encourage my future sons and daughters to become worthy children of God.


Elder Russell M. Ballard said that, "There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family. Many are able to be “full-time moms,” at least during the most formative years of their children’s lives, and many others would like to be. Some may have to work part-or full-time; some may work at home; some may divide their lives into periods of home and family and work. What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else."


I love my mother and everything that she does.  I say that she has saved my life because she was the one that directed me to stay close to the church.  She saw the daughter of God within me even during the times that I could not.  She has taught me many valuable lessons that I will for sure pass on to my children.  All in all, my mother is the greatest and I would not want my life with her any other way.  Ive been away from home for nearly four years now and I thoroughly appreciate the time that I get to spend with her and the rest of the family, especially because it is only about a month or two in each year.  I miss my family everytime I am not with them, so I am thankful for modern technologies that help us stay in touch with one another.  


I would like to end this entry by expressing my gratitude to all the mothers and future mothers out there.  A women's divine role in this world is to nurture and raise children to become faithful sons and daughters of God and good influences to society.  I look up to any mothers that are doing just that, and for that reason, no matter how scared I may be, motherhood is something that I am looking forward to.

2001


1 comment:

  1. i love my mother..too and all mothers.. it is greatest calling to have...

    ReplyDelete