Chalkboard

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sad Day...

My mum took a six weeks leave from work so she can come to Hawaii and help me with the new baby. She got here on the 22nd of January, 3 days before the baby was born and yesterday it was time for her to go back to New Zealand. Sad sad day...

I wish I lived closer to my family. Im sad that my parents wont get to see their grandchild grow up. Ill have to share all of his achievements with the help of skype. I guess this is the challenge that i hear when it comes to marrying someone from another country.

Next time my mum gets to see my son would be December which will also be my dads' first time to see him.. And by that time, Hyrum would be 11months already.

I wasnt expecting to be so emotional because im usually not the crying type of person. But i was holding back tears as soon as we got to the airport. I couldnt hold it anymore and started crying when my mum handed over the baby and i was crying all the way home. Mav was really sweet and tried making me feel better by asking to stop for ice cream or something but i just wanted to go home. He even offered to go to the mall and buy me watever i want (which i shouldve totally taken advantage of).

Then he came home today with a flower bouquet just because he loves me. Im not a big fan of flowers either but that was very much appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. awww.I feel the same.the sad thing about my side of story is just because of the visa my parents couldn't come here, and by the time they see Darren he'll be 9 or 10months. I totally feel yeah. But I try not to think too much about these things cause I am a cry baby. I need to be a lot tougher now, or else I will go crazy.

    If you need company give me a call :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to say that it gets easier, but i dont think it does. The other day i read on FB that one of my nieces started kindy this week and i cried, thinking that i wasn't there to see her with her little bag go meet her teachers. in fact, i'm not there for anything. and i think about how my brother left for his mission a month before malachi was born and he's missed his entire life. it is sad. but i think it makes you appreciate them so much more, and then the time you do get to spend with them is that much more important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Aissa! My heart went out to you when I read this post, my eyes even started to fill up a little for you (ok, maybe pathetic...) Things will get better, and just think, thank GOODNESS for skype, huh? Even though it not our choice of limited communication that we have with loved ones, we are still so blessed to have amazing technology. PS Maverik gets good husband points, lol, that was darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesse uses the same bribe to me when I'm feeling really sad... GO TO THE MALL AND BUY WHAT I WANT... of course, I always say NO but then when I'm feeling fine, I always wish I should've taken that bribe! Haha!

    it's hard being away from your family. all i think of right now, even though i haven't been home for years, is that i'm still blessed that my mom got to see caleb when he was born... and will soon see him again at 9 months old. Sometimes I do get jealous seeing videos of caleb's cousins together at home and he's the only one separated from them but i am just thankful that technology these days are AWESOME!!!

    late ng comment ko anoh? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesse uses the same bribe to me when I'm feeling really sad... GO TO THE MALL AND BUY WHAT I WANT... of course, I always say NO but then when I'm feeling fine, I always wish I should've taken that bribe! Haha!

    it's hard being away from your family. all i think of right now, even though i haven't been home for years, is that i'm still blessed that my mom got to see caleb when he was born... and will soon see him again at 9 months old. Sometimes I do get jealous seeing videos of caleb's cousins together at home and he's the only one separated from them but i am just thankful that technology these days are AWESOME!!!

    late ng comment ko anoh? hehe...

    ReplyDelete