Chalkboard

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey, shopping and 50 days

So I know this post is a little late for a Thanksgiving post but i say better late than never...

So this years Thanksgiving is our first ever married Thanksgiving together (we had Thanksgiving with his family in Idaho last year).  We thought we'd make a big deal out of it since we are starting "traditions".  This means cooking our first ever 16lbs turkey!

 Before After

Turned out really good! In fact, we are still pretty much relied on the turkey feeding us for a week n a half.

Besides the turkey, we also had A LOT of other food.  Candied yams, mashed potatoes, corn, dinner rolls, cheesy beans, potato salad, stuffing, cranberry sauce, fruit cocktail, sparkling apple cider, jello and cinnamon rolls.   and most of them were handmade by either Mav or I...mostly him tho...



Before our feast, Maverick played Turkey Bowl with people from our ward.  Its a Thanksgiving tradition to play football the morning of Thanksgiving day.  Of coarse I couldnt join in the fun so I just sat there watching them play while talking stories with a new mother who was giving me some motherhood advice.  It was a great morning.



Look at my goofy husband...he insisted on wearing his high school football uniform and the ugly red shorts...but he still looked good!
 

After having A LOT of food, we took a nice long nap and woke up for more food.  Then we met up with Jacob and Janice to watch New Moon at the theaters.

The next day is Black Friday (which is when shops go crazy insane because of sales and people line up outside the big stores from like midnight to get good deals) I dunno why its called Black Friday though.  Anyways, we left the house at 6am with Jacob and Janice to head over to Target and other stores in the Pearl City area.  We were kinda disappointed coz none of the stuff that we wanted to get where discounted big, but we still had fun just driving around and experiencing the whole thing.  The best thing though was when we went to Babies r' Us and saw this...
It pretty much made our day...I didnt bring a camera so this was taken with a camera phone so it isnt such a good quality.  Janice and I posed under it but the picture wasnt good at all so I didnt bother putting it in...

To end my long overdue entry, 50 days means there are only 50 days till my due date!  We are pretty much ready with all the accessories and necessary things but i guess the 50 days is appreciated to further prepare ourselves.

Here's me at 32 weeks.


Alohaz!

1 comment: