Chalkboard

Monday, September 6, 2010

Baby Food

The Gerber baby food that we get for free from WIC is kinda getting old to Hyrum.  He seems to not like the flavour as much as he use to.  So I decided to do a little experiment and make my first ever baby food.

So I started with just carrots...nice and easy for a first timer...

So I boiled it...

While this one looks on...

Boil till soft...

then let the blender at it...


Our blender SUXS so I had to mash it some more with a fork

Add with some baby rice cereal

Then serve...


CRITIC SAYS:

"hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm..."

"CARROTS!"

"YUMMY!!!"

"YUMMY!!!"

Warning: Food may make a reappearance on the other end.


Have you made your babys food before? What are your tried and tested tricks that I can adapt? Keep in mine that I DO NOT cook.

4 comments:

  1. Aissa!!! hyrum is so stinken cute! i can't believe how much hair he has! isn't being a mom the greatest?! what are you up to now a days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry. i didn't make baby food..i kinda went baby food jars for a little and then they kinda eat "real" food kinda.. but you can collect those baby jars. make food and put them in batches..not sure how long they will store but that way u dont have to cook so often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm not much help either. Carter didn't eat a lot of baby food, he was on to real people food pretty soon. He loved mashed up avocado and mandarin oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Love Hyrum's face he's so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete