Chalkboard

Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's Going On?

Well that was quite a long break now wasn't it.

I wish I could say that I did something incredulous over my period of blog absence, but, sadly I was just probably wasting time doing something else.

Anyways, what's new?

Wellllll...Nothing really. I'm just pretty much living each day cherishing my babies little lives.

I can't believe I've been doing this stay-at-home mom thing for over a year now. It has been quite a roller coaster ride! I can even declare it as the happiest time of my life as well as the most depressing where I've felt more vulnerable and insecure than I have ever felt before.

But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

My kids drive me nuts! And they probably will forevermore. But that is why I had them, to keep life interesting. To witness God's miracles every day. I love them for driving me nuts! And I will probably miss these terrible twos and clingy baby years when they're all grown up (say teenager years) when it's gone.

It is a privilege in which I am eternally grateful for to have been entrusted with two beautiful children of God (plus a few more hopefully NOT anytime soon).

As for life in general, we have done a few minor changes.

With two gallbladder stones attacks a couple of months ago, we decided that we needed to make some changes to improve our health, esp food wise. Both Maverick and I do not having insurance right now so any medical emergencies would be paid out of pocket. Which would deeply hurt our budget and our very little savings. Healthy eating should decrease our chances of getting any sicknesses, so we have been filling our tummies with more fruits (which I don't mind at all), veggies, healthy homecooked meals and less fast foods. The occasional dinner out still happens but at least we are becoming more aware of our food intake. Which is always a good trait.

We were also called as Nursery leaders in our church (lds.org) which I must admit is both good and bad. Good because it is quite an enjoyable calling but bad coz it's hard looking after 11 toddlers! Plus Hyrum is in there too and he is the naughtiest one.

Maverick is chugging along with his studies and still working full-time at the hospital. He will finally be applying for grad schools starting in August so it's all very nerve wracking. We should hopefully know our next home by January. And it's all very exciting and scary coz the array of schools that he has picked out are all very very foreign to me (well I am a foreigner after all). From the 'ok I can see it' (Arizona, Nevada, Washington DC, Georgia), to the 'hmm ok I guess' (Missouri, Oregon, Pennsylvania), to the 'are you serious?!?' (Alaska, Israel!).

So I guess we will see what the future holds. I am up for anything as long as we are safe, together, happy and taking steps forward.


1 comment:

  1. I hope everything goes as planned for you guys with Mav going to grad school soon. Its all so exciting!

    ReplyDelete