Chalkboard

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Get Fit or Die Trying


In the middle of the year I decided that I needed to start getting fit again. But exercising while having two kids who constantly needs attention is easier said than done. 


Regardless, I accepted the challenge and began my second round of the Insanity workout program with Shawn T. 

I did my first round of Insanity August of last year and you can read more about that here and here. I still remember how hard it was in the beginning so I was very nervous to have to go through all of that again. 

Like the first round, my first two weeks was ROUGH! I was huffing and puffing and couldn't even make a whole set without dying. Every inch of my body ached! BUT like the first time, I pushed through and by third week I saw improvements in my stamina, strength and muscles. 

Second round was just as hard as the first, if not harder coz I wanted more muscles rather than just lose the fat. So I pushed myself to work harder, or as Shawn T like to say "dig deeper!" It's definitely no walk in the park BUT it's not called Insanity for nothing.  

My last week was a complete drag though. I injured my shoulder doing a balance push up and a lot of the workouts were sore when I do them so I got a little discouraged. My last week of Insanity actually lasted 2 1/2 weeks since I kept skipping days (too busy or too lazy or too cold). 

So since I posted my before and after pics on FB, i've been getting a lot of questions on my diet. Well the answer is, I do NOT believe in diets. I love food too much to give it up. So no, I didn't diet but I just watched my portions. I still ate whatever I wanted including junk foods (and my kids Halloween candies) but just ate less of it. I drank lots and lots of water and stopped any food intake (most days) at 7pm.
I did my workout during Halia's naptime and gave Hyrum something to do like a puzzle or a book. The workouts are between 40-60 mins so it's easy to squeeze it into our busy schedule. 

Insanity is a 60-day program BUT I never worked out on Saturdays and Sundays so it took me quite a bit longer. And I'm not going to lie, it is hard! But definitely possible!!! 

If I can do it, you sure can too!!!


It honestly is A LOT of work to get back in shape. 
Then, its even harder to STAY in shape.

It feels good being back in pre-preggo clothes. I also feel more energetic and my gallbladder problems has definetly improved. I am determined to stay fit coz it just makes life better! And I'm probably going to regret saying this now but I WILL keep it up during pregnancies. That way I dont have to work so hard after...

Who's with me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment