Chalkboard

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Less-TV Summer

I set a goal at the beginning of summer to have less than 2 hours of TV for the kids during the day. 

I was very determined to accomplish this goal yet also very intimidated by it. 

First of, I want to say that I have nothing against TV. In fact, I really believe that both my kids learned a lot from educational shows like Barney, Super Why and Leap Frog. I like that they have other sources to learn other than from Mav and I. 

BUT, I made the goal so that I force myself to get out of the house and enjoy the summer weather. 

Now that summer has ended and the days are getting colder. I'm glad I made that goal for myself. We were able to explore different parks, participated in the library summer reading program, have play dates, did some coloring, got plenty of vitamin d, made play-doh snakes, went on walks, played with bugs, went on treasure hunts, caught some fishes, had picnic lunches in the park, and the list goes on. 

It was a good experience for me. I got to spend more quality time with my kids and got to know them a little better. They are only small for a short amount of time that I want to soak it all in. 

Winter is fast approaching. Days will be shorter and is will be  harder to get out of the house but hopefully I can keep up with not depending on the TV for our daily entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment