Chalkboard

Monday, September 1, 2014

30 things before 30

Alas it is my birthday month! And it is a particularly momentous year for me it is last year of my 20s. 

So to celebrate, I made a list (we all love list!) of things that I would like to do before my 30th birthday. 
Some of them are kinda lame but it's things that I've always wanted/needed to do but hasn't been in the priority list. 

In exchange, I hope to develop and share my talents, beautify my home, build memories, strengthen relationships, and have a great send off to my 20s with a fabulous memorable year.

So here are my 30 things before 30: 

  1. Take a family name to the temple.
    Never done this so it will encourage me to do my family history.
  2. Have a conversation in Spanish.
    I took 4 years of Spanish in college. Surely I can get it back...
  3. Do 30 random acts of kindness.
    I think this will be fun to do as a family.
  4. Paint on a big canvas.
    Ive always wanted to do a big canvas but never had the time. This will be a big project but I will be excited to cross it off.
  5. Run Goose Creek Run-Off.
    Its a 10K run in Oakley that I say I will run in every year! But never have...
  6. Go offline for a week.
    Much needed. But will be hard...
  7. Read the Book of Mormon cover to cover.
    Always.
  8. Learn an ukulele song.
    I was sleeping when God was giving out musical talent so maybe I can learn just one song.
  9. Make a jean quilt.
    Ive been collecting jeans for a couple years for this purpose.
  10. Finish the quiet book.
    I started to make a quiet book for Hyrum when I was 6 months pregnant with him...Maybe this will be the year to get it done...
  11. Go sugar-free for a month.
    This is probably going to be the most challenging one since im a candyholic but at least I will try.
  12. Go on a hike.
    Idaho is full of beautiful hikes, we just havent gone on one.
  13. Volunteer to do service 30 times.
    This will be fun to do as a family too.
  14. Read the Divergent series.
    I've never been a 'leisure' reader and I want to change that so I will start with the popular books first.
  15. Dance again.
    This will just make my heart full.
  16. Go on a girls trip.
    Fun road trip with girlfriends.
  17. Organize my thousand photos on photobooks.
    Because I literally have thousands.
  18. Write a letter to my kids to open when they're 30.
    This will just something fun.
  19. Do 5 full pull-ups.
    So I can have guns that are locked and loaded. lol
  20. Do a head stand for 10 seconds.
    For some reason I cant do head stands...
  21. Raise $300 for charity.
    Through photography or selling crocheted stuff or lemonade stands...
  22. Win a legit giveaway.
    Because I enter so many that Im bound to win a cool big one...hopefully.
  23. Grow another baby.
    We should be about ready to add another crazy human into our crazy house.
  24. Make a new friend.
    One can never have too many friends.
  25. Find 30 geocaches.
    Coz they are awesome!
  26. Donate 30 crochet hats to NICU.
    Coz they always need hats to keep their precious little heads warm.
  27. Develop and apply a homeschooling schedule.
    So my kids dont fall behind while I tackle all of my goals. hehe
  28. Go to a major sporting event.
    Why not...
  29. Give blood.
    Ive only done it once, like 5 years ago, coz i always get denied.
  30. PAAARRTTYYY!!!
    If all goes to plan, my parents should be here from NZ on my birthday so we shall celebrate like its 1985!!!
Shouldn't be too hard right? If all goes to plan, I'm hoping to have all these done and written about by the end of September next year. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment